We’ve all done that self realization check at some point in our lives and questioned what the point of life is? Why we’re doing what we are doing? Now obviously it’s not a game. You don’t have to do missions. You can’t steal cars or cause mayhem. You can’t start over from the last saved checkpoint and you don’t get second shots at it. So in a way, it’s less exciting in that field. Plus unlike games? you have no clear goal. You don’t have a final mission to complete or a boss to beat. You can’t conquer life. So it goes back to the same question. What are we in it for?
Well, firstly? I think we’re all supposed to do what we should that is be humans. Show humanity, show compassion towards fellow living things and beings(sounds dramatical but we don’t often do it) and just respect the life we have and all things good around us. Needless to say, we aren’t exactly doing that. From hunting whales to animals to tigers to leopards to driving species to their extinction? We’ve done everything we could to disrupt the “balance of nature” and unlike games or fictional shows. You don’t have witches or magic that can set this balance of nature right. It’s Us. We make mistakes? What do we do normally? We try to make amends or apologize.
That’s exactly what needs to be done. Global Warming? Wars? Pollution? You name it. We’ve caused it. Habitats are being destroyed to accomodate more people and the same people who can’t live peacefully amongst each other. There’s so much hate all around. Religious hate, regional hate. You name it. So I think first and foremost? As humans you have to be a nice person in general. Don’t turn your back on people who need your help or if something cruel is happening in front of you and just walk away. Respect people around you and try to help others when needed.
About a month back, I saw this accident on the road. They were a married couple but not too old. I’d say in their thirties. The husband looked really hurt and he was down on the ground in pain. The wife seemed to have come off better and she was leaning against him. I was getting late for college but I saw it happen and went over. By then a lot of people had gathered around them but they just kept staring, discussing. Now the woman was obviously asking for help and nobody was willing to come forward and actually help them. I wasn’t sure what to do because I was late as it is, but I had a couple of teenagers standing there with me who came over as well and we called an ambulance over, sat down by the late and assured her that it’ll be alright and that an ambulance is on the way. Lucky it reached there in about 5 minutes and they were on their way to the Hospital.
I was just surprised though at the fact that people could stand there and stare but not help. You seldom do, coming to think of it. Maybe I wouldn’t either in a lot of cases if I’ve got places to go or things to do. Sadly however, we should.
Secondly, It’s about doing what you’re good at. Now we’re all born with something good inside us or something that just ticks us. Could be singing, dancing, sports, literature. Anything. There’s always a thing or a couple of things you LOVE doing or you’re good at. Now It’s not always the case that it ends up being your profession too. If it does? It’s amazing. But even if it doesn’t? Don’t forget about these things and value them. Time’s fleeting and life’s short. Most of the peope reading this would have already lost their childhood by now and it’s not going to come back. Time won’t wait so you HAVE to enjoy the things that make you happy, no matter how stressful life is. At the end of the day? It’s just a Grand party. A Party that won’t stop until you’ve had enough and so you just have to live it to the maximum.
Keep These Golden Rules in mind and life will seem much easier and much more fun :
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good. 😉
2. Life is too short not to enjoy it.
3. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
4. Don’t buy stuff you don’t need.
5. You don’t have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
6. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it. 😛
7. Save for things that matter.
8. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present. Let go.
9. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about. Just live yours
10. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
11. It’s never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.
12. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
13. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple. 😀
14. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
15. Always choose Life.
16. What other people think of you is none of your business. It shouldn’t matter to you
17. Time heals almost everything. Give Time time.
18. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
19. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does. 😛
20. Believe in miracles. 🙂
21. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
22. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
23. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
24. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d
grab ours back.
25. The best is yet to come…..
At the end of the day. It’s about living each day and enjoy it because it’s never coming back. No Point sulking. Plus, you’ll realize that certain people make life much easier. Make it worth living for because each moment spent with them? Is precious 😀
Have a nice day!